Because walking and fundraising isn't enough, after spending some time talking to Kenny & Dr. Adam (thanks guys)... from their own experience and knowledge... I have decided to eliminate fried foods, chocolate (desserts), coffee, and soda from my diet until the walk. Or, I should say as Adam puts it 90% (I can have something on the weekend) :) Basically everything that would cause me to be sluggish training. I decided to do this after attempting to do a long walk Monday when I had not drank enough water the night before and didn't eat well either. I could barely break 5 miles which was not usual. I looked at the journal I keep to know how each walk goes, and realized there was a trend with the food/drinks. So until then, I'm cutting myself off. Which also means if you are reading this, DO NOT tempt me with these things (CHAD).
So, in honor of kicking off 16 miles tomorrow and my last chocolate, Kenny captured the last chocolate on film (and we realized after we took the picture it probably wasn't the smartest idea to do the night before 16 miles but oh well) :D
No comments:
Post a Comment