Tuesday, August 18, 2009

1/2 way through the 3 days....

I completed-- well we, my wonderful mother walked with me yesterday... 13 miles yesterday and actually woke up this morning not feeling that sore. But def. not ready for another 13 miles. We were able to complete 7 miles today before it become 250 degrees (yes, it gets really hot here in the south) and I could only feel my legs when they stopped moving... plus on about the 6th mile, I thought I was actually crying from realizing how much more I had to go (It wasn't tears, it was sweat. I momentarily forgot I am unable to cry tears)...

Since I haven't really updated lately on our walks, here are some things that have been going on....

So far, I have been stung by two bees, luckily they both were sweat bees so apparently they aren't supposed to hurt "as much"

A mother deer looked like she was going to murder us because we were looking at her baby for a little too long while walking by

And I finally saw my first snake of the season last night a few miles from my house... it was one of the little ones that my dad likes to stomp on their head for me (brutal yes, but this is what dad's were put on this earth for... to kill whatever hurts their daughters) :D

We also travel almost daily to the grocery store, mainly b/c it's halfway in the route, and they have 3 liter waters for cheap to refill our water bottles... we have now done it so much that we no longer get weird looks... even when mom has started purchasing 1 banana everyday. (the highlight of our trip: grocery store a/c and guessing how much the banana will cost everyday) Today I discovered this chocolate milk type stuff called refuel... it was amazing, minus the fact there was milk and it was again 250 degrees outside... yuck... but if you are into weight lifting and stuff... it's really good!

Combination of mine & mom's snacks for the 13 miles (I'm not so sure if I can eat anymore crackers... ever.)


So I haven't started carrying my backpack with me yet... so all those snacks have to go somewhere...


Can you find them??

No comments:

Post a Comment