These 6 months are flying by, I can't believe there is only 10 weeks left until the walk! I reached 52% of my goal (well the "breast cancer you have to meet this in order to walk a billion miles goal")Yes, that is it's official name. :)
I want to thank my aunts and uncles again for helping so much with the yard sale, I couldn't ask for a better family, everyone helped more than I could even have asked for. (I know corny moment, but deal with it) :)
So what is the plan for the next 10 weeks??? To get my feet in shape for the walk is the most important, they do not tend to like me on day two of walks, so that is my ultimate goal so I am not whining to Jenna for 40 miles (which if any of you know Jenna, basically that means she would leave me and make new friends rather than listening to me whine... or yell at me, and we all know I'm afraid of Jenna) :D
2nd goal (which I feel they are both the same in importance) is to raise the remaining 48% I need to head to Atlanta. Right now on the list is two more yard sales, one in Raleigh (so if anyone has anything else left in their closets I am more than happy to take it off your hands, or if you want to come visit, we have a ridiculous amount of clothes and shoes especially if you are my age and wear a size 0 to 8) We are also kicking it up with a bake sale, a small one though, as we don't have as many people come to the Raleigh yard sale, we are doing it mostly to raise some money and make room for more donations in Burlington. --- which btw, Thank you Shea for volunteering to help me AGAIN, you are the best!!
The second yard sale, we are really excited about, my cousin Jessica has offered her place to have our last one, and we are planning a huge bake sale to go along with it in hopes that some of the amazing cooks I know (cough Kenny) will bake a few things to sell :D There will be more details on this later, as we start working out the dates, etc...
Lastly, I just want to thank everyone for supporting me so much through this and constantly encouraging, I don't think I have yet hit a moment where I was discouraged or anything, I love you guys :D
PS... if anyone would like to leave comments at any point, you do not have to have a blogspot to do it, you simply write you name and your comment... :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We are back in Raleigh now, so let me know if theres something I can do to help out at some point. You should come for dinner one night now that we are moved in. Let me know!
ReplyDelete