Thursday, July 23, 2009

16 miles

So someone asked me to put a picture up after a day of training to see what I looked like... (apparently it is more realistic to see the training taking place)

This is today, but I'm not going to lie, this was only after 7 miles when I took a break to stretch & eat lunch (the luxury of doing a 20 mile all day walk, there are stops) :D



So, nothing really exciting happened during the walk today... other than the people at Harris Teeter give us really funny looks when we go in there to purchase water... oh and apparently I managed to sweat out salt today... which looked like I had been to the beach it was weird. So apparently after doing some research (and talking to Dr. Adam), I learned I need to keep drinking gatorade, even if I'm not a big fan.

I also keep getting the same few questions in e-mails and when people ask me about my training...

1. Where do I walk that far? ... I use the website mapmyrun that I saw one of my friends using and I am able to map out different routes so that I'm not circling the neighborhood (however the neighborhood has about 7 miles of sidewalk from one end to the other so it's not that hard to make up routes)

2. Am I losing any weight from walking so much? Yes and No... I am, but I don't think it's solely from walking. Even though I have the two long walks a week, it's only twice a week.... I am however now working with one of my friends who is an ex-body builder and he is helping me do the right things to keep everything I need in my body for the long walks and also lose weight at the same time... (Thank You Adam, you kick butt!) :) So far I'm down between 10-15... which I'm hoping will be around 30 by the walk :D

3. Are you running? Nope... I'm doing this walk completely, because I learned the hard way you aren't using the same muscles to train... and then after the walk, I want to start training for my first full marathon (with my mom!). :)

1 comment:

  1. I kick butt? Oh no, YOU kick butt! Great job on the walking and weight loss, it's very cool that you're doing all this for a great cause :)

    ReplyDelete