Monday, October 12, 2009

10 days... and my next to last post!


10 days from right now I will be in Atlanta going to bed to get up at 4:30am!!! Woo hoo! This is my next to the last post (I will post before I leave) because I know in the next 9 days I will be super busy trying to do 2 weeks worth of school work, packing, and spending time with my friends & family.

But seriously, I can't believe it's only 10 days away. The past 6 months have flown by, not only with walking but just everything that has done a 180....

When I started training for this walk, I was working full time, crossing my fingers everyday checking to see if I got into graduate school (It was semi-scary since there was only one school I could apply to for my major), meet-up was just getting into full-swing, we were still waiting for Tri-Sports to finally send out a schedule (even though we were supposed to start softball in March), Jenna was living in Wilmington, I belonged to a gym with a personal trainer twice a week working my butt off to lose weight (little did I not know if I just changed my food/drink habits), and I didn't have some of the amazing people in my life that I do now....

Welcome to October of 2009.... I think this is the most changes I have ever been through in 6 months... and I don't think even one of them has been bad. I am no longer working (which I miss Jessica, but I am SO excited for her that she has so many friends and loves preschool so much!!), I'm in school full time and love my major... minus the statistics part (Did I mention I made some amazing friends who help me with that??), Jenna now lives 20 minutes away (YAY!), I belong to a gym that I never see which I plan on getting back into in a couple weeks--- but in the meantime I can now walk my neighborhood blindfolded, and I have lost 25 pounds... (and hopefully more to come!), and while Tri-Sports is still a big mess (Not gonna lie, we can start with our awful team name and go from there)we at least got some softball games going... :) I have made some AWESOME friends that hopefully I get to play with for a long time....

To single a few of you out..... and hopefully you are able to figure out who YOU are... (and some people may be able to figure out who others are... just don't say anything)


1. Thank you for all the encouragement along the way. For checking up on my eating habits and answering every single question I had along the way. Without you, I don't think my entire diet would have changed and I would have not had the energy that I have to succeed next week.

2. You two are one of the happiest couples I have ever met, together and apart. You are both so full of energy and so sweet/witty all the time. Congrats on your new house! I plan on having a slumber party one night there to break in one of the guest rooms... just forewarning :)

3. You are like having a little sister to fight with. Or pick on. I know you hate it, which probably makes me love to do it even more. But I love you. :) Thank you for being so encouraging and sweet and ALWAYS there when I need you.

4. While one of my newest friends, you are fastly becoming one of my closest. I love hanging out with you, and thank you so much for your concern last weekend. Even if you did make me drink buckets of water. I think I just got ANOTHER e-mail from you concerning cranberry juice.... are you aware of how nasty that stuff is? I guess I should trade it for the coffee I am currently drinking. :P I know it's bad, I'm an addict what can I say? I promise I'll chase it with 3 glasses of H2O :)

5. SHREK!!!! 10 days!!!! (yeah okay so everyone clearly knows who this is now)I love you & I promise I'll get you the matching hat this week so we can rock Atlanta together... ps. I need to teach you the Hoedown Throwdown this week... we can karaoke it together :D

6. I'm not even sure where to start with you. I feel like half the time we don't even have to talk but just shoot each other looks. :) Thank you for being so supportive the past few months, not just with this walk.... although you were able to earn your own bedroom that way. ;) I love you!

7. Thank you for being a great friend and for all the information/answering questions in the past months... minus your thoughts on chicken broth while running (gross). Thank you more for everything else outside of training you have helped me with (even if you didn't know it!) and putting up w. my ups and downs over the past few months.

8. What can I say about you? Thank you (ahead of time) for making me a *rocket ship cake* for my party :D haha... seriously, thanks for being there and encouraging and everything in between. Also, thank you for going out in public with me after I have walked 15 miles, wrote papers, and showed up with no make-up wet hair, glasses, and sweat pants. THEN laying down in the booth at the restaurant.... poor people at Brixx... I think that's why they started giving us tables....

9. Thank you for the awesome donation!! You are a great friend, and I still think you should have dyed your hair pink :D haha.... I'm so glad we became good friends over the past 6 months and that we continue to become even better friends in the future :)

I would continue... but the list is REALLY long.... I think I covered everyone a few posts back, this was just for the people I missed, or for things going on lately :)

No comments:

Post a Comment