Friday, September 18, 2009

Rain, Rain, Go Away!



9 miles in the rain. Fun Stuff. Yup, I'm lying. :) I was going to skip walking and decided I might as well see how much fun the rain is in the event in rains in Atlanta. It actually wasn't that bad, minus the fact that I hate being wet and cold. :) I have ponchos, but I thought to myself, self, everyone in the neighborhood already thinks you are weird for walking up and down the streets with a backpack. Not to mention the days you decide to go walk late and it looks like I am walking home from high school, middle school, and elementary school. (Yes they let out about 30 minutes apart, just enough time to end up at the same point of the loop each time to walk home with the kids). I have gotten over the weird looks, what I haven't gotten over yet is the fact that some of the elementary school children I "walk home with" are taller than me.

You can stop laughing now.

So the poncho was not a choice. I did however find out that my backpack works great in the rain. Yay!!

So later in the afternoon, I was getting some stuff done around town and my right leg started hurting like crazy. Especially around the knee. I stretched it out and nothing hurt until I started putting weight on it again. Ouch. I have a tendency to lock my knees when I am standing because they are double jointed, so I think that might have contributed to the problem, but needless to say I was pretty much limping around for a few hours. The pain subsided after that, and then when I went to bed last night I couldn't fall asleep they were aching so bad. I have yet to figure out what caused all this because I have walked MANY more miles then this in a day and had no pains at all. So if anyone would like to shoot me over some advice or suggestions or anything.... please do! :)

Today I have decided not to walk. I thought I would give my leg a break and tackle a few papers and some discussion boards. Thoughts on whether the drinking age should be 18 or 21? :)

35 more days until Atlanta!! I still need to raise $570. Please contribute if you can, every dollar helps!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment